Senior Frontend Developer
We are looking for a full-time senior developer that can help us to improve and extend our web-based frontend application and make it easy for organizations to protect their sensitive data. You will work in a small, highly skilled team and own the frontend code base. This job brings both great power and freedom but also great responsibility, as you will be in charge of our frontend.
- Familar with CSS3/HTML5
- Ability to implement Sketch/Photoshop-based designs as responsive web pages
- Familiarity with build tools for frontend development (webpack, npm)
- Knowledge of relevant state management paradigms (MVC, Flux/Redux)
- Ability to understand and solve problems with JS in a pragmatic way
- Basic understanding of web security concepts (CORS, XSS, token-based authentication)
- Basic understanding of backend API architectures (REST)
- Ability to efficiently communicate and work with our UI designer and backend team
- Frontend and design is just as important as the rest of our infrastructure
- Code quality, simplicity and maintainability matters
- Work on a highly innovative software system that helps companies to secure their data
- Develop your own ideas and have the freedom to implement them
- Learn about data security and data protection in an interdisciplinary team
Our current setup
- Frontend based on React.js and Webpack (ES6 transpiled via Babel.js)
- (S)CSS-based styling (integrated via Webpack) - but we're evaluating styled components
- We maintain a web as well a desktop target (based on Electron.js)
- We use a simple state management and routing layer (based on higher-order components and the Flux paradigm)
- We use continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (Gitlab) to test and deliver new features and we try to publish changes as often as possible (even multiple times a day).
- We support rapid prototyping via a mocked API layer (e.g. development without running any backend services is possible so you can be productive without setting up many backend dependencies)
- We employ a microservice-like architecture with several public APIs (authentication and data transformation) that provide the data for our frontend using a REST-based approach.
General information about us
You will work in a small, highly skilled team from our modern offices in Charlottenburg. We try to provide a great work environemnt for you with modern, ergonomic chairs & (standing-)tables in small offices (at most 4 people per office) to allow for focused and stress-free work. We offer 28 days of paid vacation time and provide a budget for training and conference visits. You will be able to blog about your work and present it to the world and you will publish open-source software with us. We allow working partially from home/remotely and offer flexible work hours (within limits).
Are you interested in this position? Get in touch with us! Please write a bit about yourself and why you're interested in working with us and include relevant links (e.g. containing information about your work or recent projects -- no problem though if you can't share anything) and a short CV.